Bed Buyer's Guide
Choosing the right bed can be a nightmare. How much do you spend? Is your old bed too hard or too soft? Or do you suffer from back pains?
At The Bed Shop, we aim to make buying a bed as stress free as possible. All our beds are great value and our experts can guide you through our wide and varied range, offering advice and recommendations on the best bed for you. We’ll encourage you to lie on the bed, rather than just sit and bounce on the edge. And, if you’re buying a bed for two, We’ll suggest that you both try it first.
Most of our ranges can be delivered within 24 hours, which means you won’t lose any sleep about when it’s going to arrive either.
Who We Are
The Bed Shop Cannock is a family owned business, which was established in 1991. Offering one of the most extensive and competitively priced collections of mattresses, beds and bedsteads available.
Whether you’re looking for a luxury pocket spring divan, a bedstead for the spare room or a child’s bed, we’ve got it all!
We are located near the centre of Cannock with car parking available. Visit our store for friendly advice from our helpful staff, we have a vast range of knowledge on all of the beds that we stock and sell and will be happy to help you in your selection
Since 1991 The Bed Shop has strived to be known for outstanding levels of service and quality products.
Stunning New Designs, Improved Features, Smart Ideas & Low Prices
If you’re getting excited at the prospect of creating a stylish new look for your home, we know the feeling. Because in the last year we’ve had our biggest ever makeover- with the addition of some incredible new ranges, even a new improved warehouse that’s set to revolutionise our delivery process.
We Bring You The Markets Top Brands
When you buy from The Bed Shop, you know you’ll enjoy true, affordable quality through our top brands such as Sealy, Silentnight, Original Bedstead, Rest Assured, Sweet Dreams, Furmanac, Breasley and many more.
Keeping You Upto Date
We keep a keen eye on new developments coming in to the bed market, so when the next big thing happens you can get it from us as it happens.
One of the recent developments has been the use of Outlast. Products incorporating Outlast technology continuously interact with the unique microclimate of the human body and the environment to moderate temperature from being too hot or too cold to being just right
Our New Warehouse
Designed To Serve You Better
We’ve totally reviewed the way we supply you and have just finished our upgrades on are warehouse, we can now carry more stock so we can supply whatever you need within 24hours.
We work in partnership with the leading bedding manufacturers to develop our range of mattresses and divans, with weekly deliveries from each of the factories we can ensure guaranteed supply and quick delivery to you our customer. These partnerships allow us to offer you products at a considerably reduced price from other high street retailers.
Our Prices Are Still As Low As Ever!
Best of all, you still get all of this - great products, innovative ideas and exceptional service for the same great value as always.
Choosing Your Bed
Five Steps To Bed Heaven
- Kick off your shoes
- Lie on your front, back and then your sides. Take your time and move your arms into different positions.
- Lie flat on your back and slide your hand under the small of your back. Your hand should be able to move while still touching your back and the bed without sliding too easily or too much effort.
- If you share your bed with a partner, ensure they are there as their own requirements will differ from yours.
- Check the bed is comfortably long and wide enough and is at a height which makes it easy to get in and out of.
Basic Tips For A Better Night's Sleep
- Keep regular hours. Going to bed and getting up at roughly the same time, all the time, will programme your body to sleep better.
- Create a restful sleeping environment. Your bedroom should be kept for rest and sleep and it should be neither too hot, nor too cold; and as quiet and dark as possible.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable. It's difficult to get deep, restful sleep on one that's too soft, too hard, too small or too old.
- Take more exercise. Regular, moderate exercise such as swimming or walking can help relieve the day's stresses and strains. But not too close too bedtime or it may keep you awake!
- Cut down on stimulants such as caffeine in tea or coffee - especially in the evening. They interfere with falling asleep and prevent deep sleep. Have a hot milky drink or herbal tea instead.
- Don't over-indulge. Too much food or alcohol, especially late at night, just before bedtime, can play havoc with sleep patterns. Alcohol may help you fall asleep initially, but will interrupt your sleep later on in the night.
- Don't smoke. Yes, it's bad for sleep, too: smokers take longer to fall asleep, wake more often and often experience more sleep disruption.
- Try to relax before going to bed.. Have a warm bath, listen to some quiet music, do some yoga - all help to relax both the mind and body. Your doctor may be able to recommend a helpful relaxation tape, too.
- Deal with worries or a heavy workload by making lists of things to be tackled the next day.
- If you can't sleep, don't lie there worrying about it. Get up and do something you find relaxing until you feel sleepy again - then go back to bed.